Vogue’s 73 questions answered by Jane Taylor, Maflingo.
The Vogue 73 Question Tag.
Vogue asked celebrities 73 questions and their answers have been viewed by millions on Youtube.
I first heard about Vogue’s 73 questions when fellow award-winning blogger and fellow Nottingham resident Becky Goddard-Hill posted a Vogue’s 73 Questions with Becky Goddard-Hill on her wonderful blog, A Beautiful Space. I really enjoyed listening to her answers and finding out what ‘makes her tick.’ I’ve met Becky a few times and the lovely, warm funny person you see in the video is exactly what she’s like in real life.
I enjoyed watching her video so much I decided to do this for myself so I asked (begged) her to tag me!
She’s a hard act to follow, but here goes!
Vogue’s 73 questions: The Vlog!
Here are Vogue’s 73 questions:
1. What’s your favourite movie?
I love all the classic musicals like the Sound of Music and the Wizard of Oz. However, my favourite film of all time is The Color Purple.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
Shockingly, I haven’t watched a Hitchcock film. I’ve only seen snippets of ‘The Birds’ and that one where someone gets stabbed in the shower! I can’t even remember the name of it.
4. A book you plan on reading?
‘Lean in – Women, Work and the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg. CEO of Facebook. Lent to me by a friend.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
The Diary of Ann Frank.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
7 out of 10. So much change going on at the moment with my blog, but tempered by tough times my friends are going through.
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram – I love photography and taking photos. There are some stunning photos on Instagram. I particularly love candid shots of people and their lives – because I’m nosey.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
If we are talking about blogs, there are too many to mention!
Raising Teens? Just Saying Mum.
Positivity, humour and cake making: Mess and Merlot.
Family life, Social Commentary, Humor Island Living 365.
Interiors: Making Spaces.
Travel: One to watch, Alex Muir is a blogging Bill Bryson over at Mylifelongholiday.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Fish & Chips (gravy on the side), open not wrapped. Barnacles if I’m in the North East, The Wolds Fish Bar if I’m in Nottingham.
12. Least favourite food?
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Goats Cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes + lots of vegetables
14. Favourite drink?
15. Favourite dessert?
Old school! Jam Roly poly, Bread and Butter pudding with lashings of custard!
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk Chocolate – Lindt Lindor to be precise! Just in case you’re thinking of sending me any!
17. Coffee or tea?
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
‘Remembering to enjoy the ride!’ when you’re trying to stop the wheels falling off! Plus, I think it’s the fact you can’t request a certificate guaranteeing they’ll have a long, happy healthy life.
19. What’s your favourite band?
Lady Antebellum/The Shires.
20. Favourite solo artist?
Dolly Parton. She’s a legend!
21. Favourite song?
Midnight Train to Georgia – Gladys Knight and the Pips.
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
Guitar. I’m eft handed so I just can’t strum but I don’t want to learn on a left-handed guitar.
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Besides the giant Hugh Jackman tattoo down my back? I’m not a fan of tattoos, truth be told, but I’d have a little tiny one on my ankle.
25. To be or not to be?
26. Dogs or cats?
Dogs….All the way, love them, I’ve even chosen the breed and I have a shortlist of names.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale watching…in New Zealand, please.
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
My sister and I threw a surprise birthday for mum’s 60th birthday. There were about 100 friends and family past and present. Plus I’d asked them all to write a message about what mum meant to them and to send photos of them with mum if possible. I made a memory book with all the messages and pictures. Me and my sister wrote how we felt about her too…She couldn’t read it all on one go because she kept crying.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
My friend Claire, a cake stand.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Ticket To Ride, Europe.
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
Does Scotland count?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Australia. One of my best friends lives there but I’ve never met her in real life.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
Not a Jewellery person but diamonds.
38. Heels or flats?
Flats – I just can’t walk very well in heels. I’m a danger to myself and anyone in the immediate vicinity.
39. Pilates or yoga?
Haven’t tried either. They are a bit airy fairy for me. I prefer Tai-bo (Kick boxing/aerobics)
40. Jogging or swimming?
The lesser of two evils, Swimming.
41. Best way to de-stress?
Deep tissue Massage and a spa date with friends.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
I cry a lot. I think it’s good to have a cry. I cry at family things, The Pride of Britain Awards, Long Lost Family. The last time I cried was last week watching Sally Philips Documentary about Down’s syndrome. I cried several times, especially when Hayley from the blog Down’s Side Up gave an impassioned speech about her experience to Midwives and nurses.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
I do when I’m doing my proper handwriting…But I have about 5 different writing styles, mostly messy for writing notes and lists.
47. Do you bake?
Not very often. I love GBBO though and I’m good at eating the fabulous cakes my daughter Beth makes.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
If it’s about appearance? My knees!
If it’s in general, then I’m often so busy trying to get from A to B that I forget to enjoy the process sometimes. I need to ‘smell the roses’.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
Appearance: My teeth since I’ve had them straightened!
Generally: I’m a loyal friend and a good listener.
50. Who do you miss most?
At the moment, my mum as she is on a 6-week tour of Australia, New Zealand! Lucky thing!
51. What are you listening to right now?
Nothing! I’m subjected to Kiss FM by the kids whenever we are in the car. Not out of choice! If it were my choice it would be the Hot Country Chart on Spotify.
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
One of the mum’s from school! Coordinating after school pick-up!
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
Mostly brown, with a few evil strands of grey!
57. Eye colour?
Tricky, Richard agrees it depends on the light and what I’m wearing. Bluey, greeny, grey!
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy Endings. I don’t like horror films because I’m really squeamish.
59. Favourite season?
Early Autumn. ie. Now!
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Hugh Jackman, Billy Graham, Dolly Parton.
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
Hartburn, Stockton-on-Tees, in the North East.
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Both! I like the Kiko Double touch lipstick has a lipstick base and then gloss on top!
67. What book have you read again and again?
The Bible (or at least chunks of it again and again)
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Tiddler by Julia Donaldson. We know it by heart.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
‘In a minute’!
‘Spinning the plates’
Learning to ‘Smell the Roses?’
70. Favourite sound?
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
Charlie from Mess and Merlot – She always looks great in her Instagram photos, she’s hilarious and she makes the most amazing cakes! It’s the cakes that swung it!
73. Last photograph you took?
It was a picture of my daughter, Beth, playing a ukulele that looks like a watermelon!
I’m going to tag the following bloggers to have a go next. All they have to do is write or vlog the answers to Vogue’s 73 questions and when they’ve published their answers they need to Tweet their link to me so I can pop across to their blog and have a look (I can’t wait to hear their answers):
Nicky – Not just the 3 of us.
Emma – Island Living 365
Bridie – Bridie by the Sea
Charlie – Mess and Merlot
Helen – Just Saying Mum
I hope you’ve enjoyed finding out more about me. Don’t forget to pop across to check out Becky’s fabulous answers: HERE.
Pin for later: