Review: Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker PLUS giveaway.
The Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker Range promises an easy to make, healthy alternative to shop-bought popcorn. Find out what I think of their large and single serve microwave popcorn makers in my review.
In a previous post (HERE), I told you how much I love watching movies. Although you can’t beat a ‘proper’ trip to the cinema, I’ll happily snuggle on the sofa with Mr T and the kids and enjoy a movie night at home.
In my opinion, a movie night isn’t a movie night without a generous helping of popcorn (and a bag of jelly sweets)! No wonder I was excited about the idea of making popcorn that’s healthier than cinema popcorn and costs a fraction of the price in the long run!
Usually, I make popcorn in a pan on the hob, having binned our old electronic popcorn maker years ago because it popped corn all over our kitchen, rather than into the serving bowl. My hob-cooked popcorn may be delicious, but it’s messy, makes more washing-up and having to use oil means it’s not that healthy either.
In the past, my attempts to cook popcorn in the microwave have failed miserably. Despite trying various brands of microwave popcorn, I usually end up with an unappealing packet of half and half kernel/popcorn mix or, worse still, a charred lump of molten corn.
Could Joseph Joseph’s M-Cuisine Microwave Popcorn Makers be the answer to my popcorn woes? Could they offer me delicious, easy-to-make, healthy popcorn with less mess and washing-up or would I have to be content with the old-fashioned hob method, after all?
I love the curvaceous looks of the Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker. It’s a much more appealing design than the bulky electric popcorn makers I’ve used in the past.
The Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker is made of thick, durable plastic, which is also dishwasher safe. It may look simple, but it’s cleverly designed, with the ability to cook, filter and serve popcorn all in one. This means there’s less mess and less washing up compared with the hob method.
There’s no need to guess how much popcorn to add either as there’s a removable heat resistant silicone kernel holder inside the bowl with a ‘fill’ guide. What’s more, the specially designed lid with holes in means you can shake out the unpopped kernels after cooking. What an ingenious idea!
Using the Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker couldn’t be easier:
1. Ensure the silicone kernel holder is securely attached inside the cooking/serving bowl.
2. Pour popcorn up to the fill line of the heat resistant silicone kernel holder (approx 5og). Do not overfill.
3. Place lid on bowl and microwave on full power. Cooking times will vary between 1.5-5mins, depending on the power of your microwave.
4. Listen carefully and stop the microwave when the rapid popping sound slows down to 2-3 seconds between pops. If the product starts to smoke or there’s a burning smell, stop cooking immediately. This took 5 minutes using my 1000W microwave, which surprised me as I expected it to take less time.
5. Carefully remove popcorn maker from microwave.
6. Whilst holding the lid and bowl securely together around the rim, turn and shake the container for 15 seconds to remove the unpopped kernels. There were still about 20 unpopped kernels left when I tested the popcorn maker.
7. Remove lid and add flavouring to popcorn (salt, sugar etc) to taste, before replacing the lid and shaking again using a tumbling motion.
8. Remove lid and serve straight from the popcorn maker bowl.
Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine popcorn maker: The verdict.
The Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine popcorn maker looks great and with the ability to cook, filter and serve popcorn in one container, it’s an innovative design too. I particularly love the kernel filtering lid, which will help me avoid breaking a tooth on unpopped corn kernels.
However, looks and design features mean nothing if it can’t cook my popcorn to perfection. Thankfully, the Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine does just that, cooking up a lovely bowl of healthy popcorn with only a few unpopped kernels.
At £20, it won’t be long before you’ll be cutting costs as well as cutting calories compared to shop-bought popcorn, too.
Roll on, Taylor family movie nights! I can’t wait to make healthy microwave popcorn in minutes, without having to scrub greasy saucepans or use oil or butter.
Make popcorn for one with Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine microwave single-serve popcorn makers.
The folks at Joseph Joseph have the perfect solution for those of us who don’t like fighting over popcorn during home movie nights, individual popcorn makers! Joseph Joseph’s single serve M-Cuisine Microwave Popcorn Makers come in a handy 2 pack set and have an RRP of £15.
Like the large M-Cuisine popcorn maker, these microwave popcorn makers are designed to be easy to use and don’t require any oil or butter. Simply add corn kernels up to the ‘max’ indicator on the inside of the individual popcorn maker. Fold down the flaps on the container. Microwave for 1-3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave. Now all you need to do is add salt or sugar to taste, or you can always eat them naked…The popcorn, not you! Unless that’s what movie nights are like in your household!
Win a Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker worth £20.
The lovely folks at Joseph Joseph are offering one of my readers the chance to win a Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker. This family sized popcorn maker is worth £20.
For your chance to win, simply enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway below:
Competition terms and conditions:
1. There is one Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Popcorn Maker available for one winner.
2. This prize draw will be drawn at random, and is open to entrants aged 18 or over residing in the UK.
3. Up to 6 entries per person. All are compulsory methods of entry.
4. Maflingo.com retains the right to change the competition if necessary.
5. The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. If the winners do not contact me within one week, I will redraw another winner at random.
7. Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 13th August 2017.
8. The winners will be chosen at random and notified by email on 14th August 2017.
To find out more about the M-Cuisine range, Visit Joseph Joseph : HERE.
Joseph Joseph provided me with their M-Cuisine Popcorn Makers for the purposes of this review. As always, the views and opinions expressed here are my own honest assessment.
This competition is listed on the loquax.com website.