Bring on the summer! My Homesense Al Fresco favourites & gift card giveaway.
I know the weather would have us believe otherwise but summer is here! I have faith that before long we’ll be dusting off our barbeques and looking forward to months filled with picnics, walks and trips to National Trust properties.
That’s why I was thrilled when I was asked to choose some of my favourite items from the fantastic range of Al Fresco dining products available at Homesense. Especially as I’d already spotted their gorgeous summer dining display in my local store and posted it on Instagram.
Happy at Homesense.
It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of Homesense. You only have to look at my Instagram feed to discover my ‘Homesense Bargain of the week’ photos and my obsession with their wonderful range of stationery and notebooks. In fact, trips to Homesense have become a regular fixture in my week now that it’s en route to my voluntary debt advice job in the city centre.
Why do I love Homesense? Well, I’ve always had an eye for a bargain but Homesense offers me so much more than that:
- I love the idea of spotting some of my favourite products from well known brands and paying up to 60% less than their usual retail price.
- Homesense is ‘all about’ beautiful things for the home! I may not be a fan of clothes shopping (understatement), but I absolutely love wandering around and finding something special among the extensive range of kitchenware, furniture, soft furnishings and stationery.
- The stock is always changing and there are new items arriving all the time. That’s why its worthwhile visiting regularly so you don’t miss something special: ‘Once it’s gone, it’s gone.’
- Whether I’m looking for gift ideas or looking for something for my own home, there’s something to suit every taste and budget.
- Having so many individual pieces and hidden gems means I can often find everything I need in one place, rather than having to shop around,
- The displays are regularly updated to reflect special dates in the calendar and the seasons, giving me timely ideas and inspiration for Easter, Father’s Day and Christmas, (sorry, did I say that word out loud?).
Picnic & Al Fresco dining Favourites.
When I was invited to select and review products from Homesense’s ‘Al Fresco’ dining ranges I knew I’d be in for a treat. In fact, the displays in the Nottingham store are filled with so many inspirational ideas for summer dining it was going to be a tough choice. In the end I was drawn to the idea of selecting products to create the perfect picnic for two. Our girls are heading off to a holiday camp for the week in August so I thought it would be a nice treat for Richard and I to pack up a picnic and head off to one of the local National Trust properties while they are away.
If you are looking for items for the perfect ‘Al Fresco’ picnic, here are my Homesense favourites:
1. The Great British Hamper Company Picnic Hamper (£24.99).
There is a lovely selection of picnic hampers on display in my local Homesense, but this pretty little hamper from The Great British Hamper Company, with its Cath Kidston style lining, is my favourite. The two person hamper comes with: 2 wine glasses, 2 plates, cutlery and a bottle opener. It’s beautifully made and the creamy beige fastenings look beautiful too.
2. A pair of Enamel Volkswagen Mugs (£4.99 each, RRP £7.99).
I was delighted when I spotted these officially licensed Enamel Volkswagen mugs from Paladone. Their creamy beige colour compliments the hamper and accessories perfectly. My OH loves Volkswagen campervans so they have gone down very well in the Taylor household.
3. Dan Coffee thermos by Alfi (£9.99, RRP £21.00).
This stylish thermos jug by Alfi is so much more appealing than a bulk-standard thermos flask. The vacuum insulated jug will keep your coffee hot for hours and is big enough to fill four mugs.
4. A set of 3 bamboo cutting boards by Simply Bamboo (£9.99).
It’s always handy to pack a chopping board in a picnic hamper when you head off for a picnic in the park, even if it’s just to offer a flat surface to balance your mugs on. This set of 3 bamboo cutting boards from Simply Bamboo is great value at only £9.99. The larger sizes are handy in the kitchen but the smallest cutting board easily fits into our 2 person hamper.
5. Polargear Lunch Box, Pink (£4.99, RRP, £8.99).
My obsession with food containers and storage boxes is almost as bad as my obsession with stationery and notebooks so I was keen to find something neat and stylish for our picnic adventure. This Polargear lunchbox is ideal and comes in a variety of colours. It’s compact, has 3 separate food compartments to accommodate sandwiches, wraps, salads or sushi and comes with a fork and spoon.
6. Thorncroft Pink Ginger Cordial (£2.49).
As well as homewares, Homesense offers a range of foods and confectionery. Thorncroft cordials come in a variety of refreshing flavours. I thought this little bottle of Thorncroft Pink Ginger cordial would be a tasty addition to our ‘grown-up’ picnic.
7. Folding picnic blanket by Biederlackborbo (£12.99, RRP £19.95)
There are a lovely range of picnic blankets on display in Homesense but how could I resist this colourful pink tartan folding picnic blanket by Biederlackborbo? It’s lightweight and has a waterproof lining as well as a carry strap. At 130cm by 170cm, it’s a generous size too.
8. Double walled stainless steel bottles, 500ml (£7.99).
I love these vacuum insulated bottles in pastel blue and pastel pink. They’re a stylish alternative to a water bottle, beaker or thermos. They come in a variety of colours, but the pink and blue bottles complimented my chosen colour scheme perfectly.
We’re ready for our picnic!
I’m delighted with my wonderful picnic favourites from Homesense and I can’t wait to try them out when the kids are off enjoying their summer camp. If you’ve been inspired by the idea of dining outdoors, why not pay Homesense a visit and find your favourites?
Win a £50 Homesense/TK Maxx Gift Card.
For a chance to win a £50 voucher to spend in Homesense / TK Maxx, all you have to do to is follow the instructions below:
Competition terms and conditions:
1. There is one £50 Gift Card available for one winner. The Gift Card can be used in any Homesense or TK Maxx store.
2. This prize draw will be drawn at random, and is open to UK residents aged 16 or over.
3. Up to 4 entries per person. All are compulsory methods of entry.
4. Maflingo.com retains the right to change the competition if necessary.
5. The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. If the winners do not contact me within one week, I will redraw another winner at random.
7. Entries must be received by 11.59 pm on Tuesday 12th July 2016.
8. The winners will be chosen at random and notified by email on Wednesday 13th July 2016.
Pin for later:
A little message from me
If you like this post, please don’t forget to share it on social media. ‘Sharing is caring!’
All the images are ‘pinnable’ so don’t forget to Pin them for later.
If you are enjoying my blog, it would be marvellous if you could support it by signing up to my email feed (see the subscribe box in the sidebar on the right on a computer or below on a tablet or smartphone) so you don’t miss a single post.